Wednesday, March 20, 2013

My idea of perfect gear jewelry

The etsy artist behind Winter Woman Designs makes what I prefer as steampunk jewelry using upcycled gears.  My reasoning is because gears in early industrial revolution would have been hard to manufacture and require a lot of skill and precision,  and this would be valuable items, you wouldn't use a new one for jewelry but you could use an old or broken one.  I also like the quirkiness of warn parts.  Her designs are all from bicycles, since the artist appears to work for bicycle shop, but if this was steampunk they would be airship gears etc so one can use your imagination in that way.
To stick with my main blog theme of home decor she also does fun mobiles, that I also count as steampunk style possibilities.  Who knows what an airship cog would look like, after all.   I also like the blend of organic and industrial,  I think it fits well in the form and function concept that I associate with steampunk.

No comments:

Post a Comment