Tuesday, March 19, 2013

After a long hiatus with holidays, cold and flu seasons etc ... I found a few fun inspiring objects on Zulilly today.  The same sale also had some rather odd pieces.  I don't understand buying a sculpture of an antique telephone, or camera, typewriter etc as object d'art.  These are still readily available in antique stores and yard sales.  I also prefer anything with gears in it to be upcycled rather than resin or new items.  That said,  I do love some of the photo frames and mirrors so here are a few samples  that could add some steampunk touches to any decor.

I don't get this for example .... 

I LOVE this ...


I think this is also fun ...

VERY fun nautical style mirror, I like something similar from pottery barn ....

And a nice twist on a starburst mirror (I will overlook that the gears are not upcycled due the rarity of this size of gear) ....

No comments:

Post a Comment