Friday, July 6, 2012

Amazing Walls

We recently saw the art display The Cult of Beauty at the Palace of Legion of Honor museum in San Francisco ( a feat in and of itself with a toddler in tow but I digress).  They had on display some amazing wall papers and then in the gift shop a referral of where to purchase modern reproductions of said papers made by Bradbury and Bradbury.  If you really want to steampunk out your house nothing says Victorian like overly ornate wallpapers.  Personally these are not my style even though they are beautiful in and of themselves.  I admit I like the modern simple walls but the Victorians would have hated them.  I hope you enjoy the eye candy and I do think its fabulous that papers like this still exist.  Sticking with my theme for children and steampunk items the panel above would be for a child's room, and can be purchased as a poster print so it is even affordable decor.  The original print  was done by a leading children's artist of the period, Walter Crane.  Unfortunately they don't seem to have in the online catalogue the wonderful Mother Goose themed paper I saw a sample of at the art display.

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty, too bad we can't see the Mother Goose paper :(

    ReplyDelete